Episode SIX of the intrepidNOW podcast series, Leadership on the Ground, with Erica Peitler and co-host Todd Schnick, editor-in-chief at the intrepidNOW Network.
Everything you think you know about leadership, is about to be turned upside down…
Listen in as we continue our conversation about a new way to approach leadership development. Only true leaders are facilitators of progress. Are you?
EPISODE SIX: How to Become a Facilitator of Progress
Discussion Guide from this episode:
1. Put simply, a facilitator of progress is a leader who drives performance and productivity.
2. What are the organizational hurdles to progress?
3. Leaders have three resources: people, time, and money.
4. “Green dollars verses blue dollars.” Budgeted dollars vs. budget time.
5. “Being efficient isn’t necessarily the best thing. Getting in and out might too quickly might leave important issues on the table undiscussed.”
6. Being effective is what you should be looking for next, followed by real productivity. Defining “The right behaviors in the room”.
7. How important is process?
8. Setting expectations matters.
9. What other skills do you need to be a facilitator of progress?
10. As a leader, you cannot be afraid to call out unproductive behaviors.
11. Many leaders are NOT facilitators of progress. Can this be learned?
12. As leaders, you need to be “change ready.”
13. You can be a facilitator of progress, not just at the organizational level, but also at the individual and team level as well.
14. A true leader, a facilitator of progress, always arrives at clarity and closure.
Previous Episodes in the #LOTG Season #1 Podcast Series
Episode 1 – What is Leadership on the Ground?
Episode 2 – The Role Altitude plays in Leadership
Episode 3 – Sequencing and Leadership
Episode 4 – The Importance of Emotional Intelligence
Episode 5 – Style Versatility