Season 2 Episode ONE of the intrepidNOW podcast series, Leadership on the Ground. with Erica Peitler and co-host Todd Schnick, editor-in-chief at the intrepidNOW Network.
Leadership, in Real Time…
Listen in as we discuss the foundation for all that is to come as you develop your leadership ability, seizing leadership entry points: identifying and taking the opportunities to present yourself and make an impact!
Season 2 Episode ONE: Seek, See & Seize Your Entry Points to Influence
Discussion guide for this episode:
- We review of the concepts of ‘Leadership on the Ground’ (#LOTG), as well as ‘In Real Time’, practicing leadership at the speed of business.
- Erica explains what entry points are, which provide the foundation for Season 2. They are opportunities to present yourself as a leader, and to make an impact.
- Learning how to seize entry points makes or breaks your opportunity to develop into a leader.
- First, you have to look for entry points. These opportunities will not just fall into your lap. You have to be aware of your point of view on the issues being discussed, which will prepare you to seize those entry points.
- The more you look for entry points, the more you will find.
- The differences between how introverts and extroverts handle and go after and seize entry points.
- “You cannot influence people if you don’t have an entry point.”
- Seizing entry points does require courage and confidence, so those will have to be developed. But that’s necessary for ALL leaders. It takes practice to ultimately learn how to select the right entry point.
- Using body language to position yourself.
- What happens, and what to do, if you MISS an entry point?
- And, what happens if you go after TOO MANY entry points?
Click here to listen to Leadership on the Ground, Season 2 – Episode 1 NOW!
And be sure to follow Erica on Twitter @EricaPeitler for more #LOTG tips, articles and advice!