Season 2 Episode THREE of the intrepidNOW podcast series, Leadership on the Ground. with Erica Peitler and co-host Todd Schnick, editor-in-chief at the intrepidNOW Network.
Leadership, In Real Time…
Listen in as we discuss the Dynamics of “Intentions and Impact” and why leaders must own their “Impact” immediately
SEASON 2 EPISODE THREE – Intentions and Impact
Discussion guide for this episode:
- Review of the concepts of Leadership on the Ground (LOTG), as well as In Real Time (IRT), practicing leadership at the speed of business.
- Erica explains the concept of intention and impact. And the importance of aligning them! And rarely are they aligned, and therein lies the problem!
- “You have to still own your impact, regardless of your intention.”
- What you say matters. But how it actually lands is equally as important.
- This is about communication and relationship skills.
- It is a big risk to appear that you are not listening, that you’re not aware of the impact of what you say and do.
- A misalignment between intention and impact can lead to a lack of trust. When it happens, you need to be strong and apologize, and work to make it right.
- When you make a mistake as a leader, you have to own up to it. How do you do that? Why do you do that?
- How do you attempt to avoid this? Can you avoid this?
- Social awareness matters too. Reading body language.
- “Use your ability as a leader to fix things as a tool to improve, not as a weapon.” You have to HEAR what people are saying.
- Tips and strategies to have a more positive impact on people.
Click here to listen to Leadership on the Ground, Season 2 – Episode 3 NOW!
Episode 2: Leveraging Your Personal Power