Season 2 Episode FOUR of the intrepidNOW podcast series, Leadership on the Ground. with Erica Peitler and co-host Todd Schnick, editor-in-chief at the intrepidNOW Network.
Leadership, In Real Time…
Listen in as we discuss Unproductive Behaviors – What they are and how to call them out in business – as they are happening!
SEASON 2 EPISODE FOUR – Calling Out Unproductive Behaviors
Discussion guide for this episode:
- Review of the concepts of Leadership on the Ground (LOTG), as well as In Real Time (IRT), practicing leadership at the speed of business.
- What IS unproductive behavior? And how do they significantly impact performance and productivity?
- Fact is, we tolerate too much unproductive behavior because we don’t know how to deal with it, or do not have the courage to call it out.
- But isn’t the act of calling out unproductive behaviors culturally frowned upon in business today?
- Why peer-to-peer accountability, especially in real time, truly matters in an organization.
- When you have trust, calling out unproductive behaviors can have a VERY positive impact on a team or in an organization! Because in a trusting environment, you will know that someone calling YOU out means they are trying to make YOU have more impact – to make you better.
- When you call out unproductive behaviors, in the right spirit, you re-calibrate the room and foster a more productive environment.
- How do you ACTUALLY call out an unproductive behavior, in a way that isn’t negative? Some actual language to use.
- It’s not just the LEADER of the meeting that can call unproductive behaviors out. EVERYONE in the meeting should be EMPOWERED to do so.
- What happens when you actually achieve this potential?
Click here to listen to Leadership on the Ground, Season 2 – Episode 4 NOW!
Episode 2: Leveraging Your Personal Power
Episode 3: Intentions and Impact
And be sure to follow Erica on Twitter @EricaPeitler for more #LOTG tips, articles and advice!