Season 5 Episode ONE of the intrepid.MEDIA podcast series, Leadership on the Ground, with Erica Peitler and co-host Todd Schnick, editor-in-chief at intrepid.MEDIA
The Realities of Leadership…
Listen in as we discuss the Realities of Leadership!
SEASON 5 EPISODE ONE – An Introduction to the Realities of Leadership
Discussion Guide for this episode:
1. You can never forget that leadership is a skilled profession, and you must develop those skills. But when you marry those skills to understanding the realities of leadership, this is where the rubber hits the road.
2. “It’s not just about fame, money, and power anymore.”
3. Leadership is a practice, and without the practice, the work, and putting in the time, you will never develop the skills. They do not magically appear with the position.
4. Old-school leadership (me) vs. contemporary leadership (others).
5. The right mindset is critical when it comes to dealing with the realities of leadership. They have to balance being the optimist and the force for long-term positive thinking with the realities that bad stuff is going to happen.
6. The six realities of leadership:
a. Leadership is a skilled profession.
b. Your fingerprints are on everything.
c. Are you enlightened enough to lead today?
d. There is some work that can ONLY be done by you and your leadership team.
e. Your people (talent) will leave you for good and bad reasons.
f. Your leadership journey never ends (for the really great leaders).
Click here to listen to Leadership on the Ground, Season 5 – Episode 1 NOW!