Season 5 Episode THREE of the intrepid.MEDIA podcast series, Leadership on the Ground, with Erica Peitler and co-host Todd Schnick, editor-in-chief at intrepid.MEDIA
Your Fingerprints Are On Everything!
SEASON 5 EPISODE THREE – Your Fingerprints Are On Everything!
Discussion Guide for this episode:
- “Whatever has happened, whatever is showing up in your organization, as the leader, YOU HAVE CREATED IT.” Directly, or indirectly. Through actions, or inaction.
- You have an affect on the organization that you probably don’t even realize…
- Leaders are COMPLETELY visible in the space. But, be aware of the blind spots!
- Knowing this, you will see and observe the impact you are having. From here, you can learn and make adjustments.
- You might be directly responsible, but you might be tolerating a negative behavior. And you should be called out on that. You are meant to make change, but you cannot tolerate behaviors that are holding back that change.
- How to leave the right fingerprints. “You cannot solve a problem you cannot see.” You do this by seeking feedback! Good leaders do not want to be the smartest person in the room – they want the smart people to provide the leader the key insights.
- Be careful when, as a leader, you “think” you are doing the right things. You need feedback to confirm this.
- Seeking feedback is NOT a sign of weakness. And when you take feedback and take meaningful action, it does strengthen you as a leader, but also powers the confidence (and performance) of the team.