Episode TWO of the intrepidNOW podcast series, Leadership on the Ground, with Erica Peitler and co-host Todd Schnick, editor-in-chief at the intrepidNOW Network.
Everything you think you know about leadership, is about to be turned upside down…
As a leader, are you working at the appropriate level (AKA “altitude”)? Are you leading too much? Are you leading too little?
EPISODE TWO: The Role ‘Altitude’ plays in Leadership
Discussion Guide from this episode:
1. Why does “altitude” matter when you think about leadership?
2. As a leader, are you working at the appropriate level (AKA “altitude”)? Are you leading too much? Are you leading too little?
3. Put another way, are you delegating too much? Or are you micromanaging too much?
4. We discuss the “Do-Manage-Lead” Model. And for the record, most leaders have never achieved the “Lead” level in the model. Yeah, that probably means you!
5. What happens when a CEO is NOT playing at their appropriate level?
6. Why “lift” matters (what you achieve when leading at the right altitude).
7. Is there a correct altitude? Or is that different for each leader?
8. The Progressive-Mindset Model.
9. Do you have “Ready-Now” leaders?
10. When thinking about leadership from an individual, team, or organizational perspective, how does altitude play into that? Your job as leader is the get the right person into the right position, with the right resources…no matter where you are. [Talk about having impact…]
11. How, as a leader, do I use these models to assess my performance as a leader?
12. “Believe it or not, a leader is NOT supposed to be solving problems…”
Previous Episodes in the #LOTG Season #1 Podcast Series