Season 2 Episode TWO of the intrepidNOW podcast series, Leadership on the Ground, with Erica Peitler and co-host Todd Schnick, editor-in-chief at the intrepidNOW Network.
Leadership, In Real Time…
Listen in as we discuss Charisma – sure it’s nice to have but leaders today need to understand and fully leverage their Personal Power in the moment!
SEASON 2 EPISODE TWO – Leveraging Your Personal Power
Discussion guide for this episode:
- Review of the concepts of Leadership on the Ground (#LOTG), as well as In Real Time (#IRT), practicing leadership at the speed of business.
- What is “personal power?”
- Types of personal power: position power and expertise power, to name two.
- Learning how to leverage your personal power to influence.
- But here is a key point: leveraging personal power is helping OTHERS, not yourself.
- What is charisma? Is that personal power? Or are they different?
- Personal power is gravitas…wise counsel, but compassionate.
- You do NOT declare that you have personal power. Rather, others have to bestow that on YOU. Others have to declare it for you.
- Style versatility (from Season 1, Episode 5) matters here.
- Be mindful of introverts and experts, and provide and facilitate entry points (Season 2, Episode 1) for others. That’s how we influence the room.
- Does emotional intelligence (Season 1, Episode 4) also matter?
- “People with personal power are in service to others.”
Click here to listen to Leadership on the Ground, Season 2 – Episode 2 NOW!
And be sure to follow Erica on Twitter @EricaPeitler for more #LOTG tips, articles and advice!