Season 2 Episode SIX of the intrepidNOW podcast series, Leadership on the Ground, with Erica Peitler and co-host Todd Schnick, editor-in-chief at the intrepidNOW Network.
Leadership, In Real Time…
Listen in as we discuss the ‘Accountability Conversation’ – the antidote to a lack of accountability in your organization. Learn about this powerful tool and how to use it everyday, in real time!
SEASON 2 EPISODE SIX – The Accountability Conversation
Discussion guide for this episode:
- Review of the concepts of Leadership on the Ground (#LOTG), as well as In Real Time (#IRT), practicing leadership at the speed of business.
- Why is accountability so hard? It isn’t necessarily about your direct report – it is about YOU (the leader).
- “Accountability is a partnership.”
- An accountability conversation is really about having a negotiation.
- Accountability does happen in real time, and has to happen in a proper sequence.
- The three-step model of the accountability conversation:
a. Clarifying the expectations (what is wanted, verses what is needed).
b. Role and resources.
c. Mutually agreed-upon deliverables.
- The dynamics will change. How do you move with those changes after you’ve had an accountability conversation?
- What else should we be watching out for when it comes to accountability?
Click here to listen to Leadership on the Ground, Season 2 – Episode 6 NOW!
Episode 2: Leveraging Your Personal Power
Episode 3: Intentions and Impact
Episode 4: Calling Out Unproductive Behaviors
Episode 5: Who Do You Serve?
And be sure to follow Erica on Twitter @EricaPeitler for more #LOTG tips, articles and advice!