Season 3 Episode SIX of the intrepidNOW podcast series, Leadership on the Ground, with Erica Peitler and co-host Todd Schnick, editor-in-chief at the intrepidNOW Network.
The Rhythm of Leadership…
Listen in as we discuss Accelerating Talent Development to Build Your Bench!
[Tweet “Do you have enough talent to fill the bench?”]
SEASON 3 EPISODE SIX – Accelerating Talent Development to Build Your Bench
Discussion Guide for this episode:
1. It’s one thing to get into a rhythm. It’s quite another to figure out how to MAINTAIN it…
2. The key is to accelerate talent development. It’s no longer enough to just recruit good talent, you have to develop it…quickly!
3. “Do you have enough talent to fill the bench? To fill all the gaps in your organization? Most do not…
4. There is a time-value to talent. What does that mean?
5. We tend to be short-term focused, and we can no longer afford to be.
6. Part of the magic of accelerating the development of talent is developing talent in your organization to accelerate the talent development in your organization!
7. So how do you actually accelerate talent and talent development? “You have to keep giving them different looks, keep stretching their experiences….”
8. Most employees are not getting the feedback they need to truly accelerate their development…
9. …And more importantly, feedback (such as performance reviews), cannot only happen ONCE A YEAR…
10. As always this season, we discuss the rhythm killers…
11. Does accelerating talent only rely on the management? Or does the talent themselves have a role to play here? “It is a rhythmic co-creation process…”
Click here to listen to Leadership on the Ground, Season 3 – Episode 6 NOW!
Previous #LOTG Season 3 Episodes: (click on title to hear the episode)
Episode 1: Facilitating Progress & Aligned Action
Episode 2: Creating and Owning Your Narrative
Episode 3: Establishing Forums for Productive Engagement
Episode 4: Embracing Personality Hardwiring Differences
Episode 5: Navigating the Dynamics of Lifecycles
And be sure to follow Erica on Twitter @EricaPeitler for more #LOTG tips, articles and advice!