#LOTG Season #4 Podcast Episode #1- An Introduction to the Tensions of LeadershipApril 26, 2017
#LOTG Season #4 Podcast Episode #3 – Leading Yourself – Part 2, Utilizing Your Leadership Voice to Influence!April 26, 2017
Season 4 Episode TWO of the intrepidNOW podcast series, Leadership on the Ground, with Erica Peitler and co-host Todd Schnick, editor-in-chief at the intrepidNOW Network.
The Tensions of Leadership…
Listen in as we discuss Leading Yourself – Part 1, Establishing Your Leadership Voice!
[Tweet “To establish your #leadership voice, you have to get into the game!”]
SEASON 4 EPISODE TWO – Leading Yourself – Part 1, Establishing Your Leadership Voice
Discussion Guide for this episode:
1. What does it mean to cross the Knowing/Doing gap? Are you a passenger? Or are you a participant in a leadership journey?
2. “At this point, it is you on you. How are YOU going to show up?”
3. To establish your leadership voice, you have to get into the game. You CANNOT be reluctant.
4. The arc of your entire leadership career starts very early, and the first tension you face is deciding to engage, and crossing the knowing/doing gap!
5. Establishing your leadership voice really comes down to EXPRESSING it! Your voice doesn’t matter if it is not heard.
6. This does take courage.
7. When it comes to capability building, do not ONLY focus on technical skills.
8. “Your work will NOT speak for itself. You have to express yourself vocally. You need to be engaging and influencing your stakeholders!”
9. So, how does this really take off for a new and want-to-be leader? It does require intense preparation and making important choices.
10. Mindful leadership (and what that means), and choosing NOT to be reluctant.
11. Boldly seeking entry points! You have seek them out, see them, and then seize them when the opportunity presents itself.
12. Why you might need to mentally rehearse expressing your leadership voice!
13. Come up with standard phrases to jump into an opportunity, at a business meeting for instance, saying things like: I want to add something here; I’d like to build on something here; I’d like to offer another perspective; or I’d like to challenge something here…
14. The nuances regarding establishing your leadership voice for both introverts and extroverts.
Click here to listen to Leadership on the Ground, Season 4 – Episode 2 NOW!
Previous #LOTG Season 4 Episodes: (click on title to hear the episode)