Season 5 Episode TWO of the intrepid.MEDIA podcast series, Leadership on the Ground, with Erica Peitler and co-host Todd Schnick, editor-in-chief at intrepid.MEDIA
Leadership Is A Skilled Profession
SEASON 5 EPISODE TWO – Leadership Is A Skilled Profession
Discussion Guide for this episode:
- First, you must understand the “principles” of leadership.
- Leadership can be learned.
- Leadership is emotional.
- This is a service business.
- “The modern leader has to be emotionally-connected to people.” The two currencies of leadership: communication and relationships.
- Fundamental models of leadership.
- The importance of temperament. Do you have the self-management to make these adjustments? Do you have the emotional intelligence to deal with negative situations, and play the long game?
- “People and organizations deserve great leaders.”
- The distinction between motivation and inspiration, and why a leader needs to understand that (they need to provide an environment that inspires). “Do they know what motivates their employees?”
- Quick reminder: Remember, you are a leader in service of others.
- Truly understanding the motivations of your team/employees really simplifies the role of a leader.
- Yes, one of the realities of leadership is to talk to your people, and begin to really understand who they are and what motivates them. This is a skill you can develop!
- Get over the supposed fantasies of leadership (fame and fortune). You have to develop skills and do the work.
- What is the required mindset of a leader (growth mindset). They need to be learners and open to feedback. You are going to make mistakes and you have to be committed to get better at the practice of leadership.
And be sure to follow Erica on Twitter @EricaPeitler for more #LOTG tips, articles and advice!