#LOTG Season #5 Podcast Episode #6 – People Will Leave You For Good And Bad ReasonsJune 30, 2017
Think Outrageous Radio Show with Kevin ShortOctober 16, 2017
Season 5 Episode SEVEN of the intrepid.MEDIA podcast series, Leadership on the Ground, with Erica Peitler and co-host Todd Schnick, editor-in-chief at intrepid.MEDIA
The Leadership Journey Never Ends!
[Tweet “Today’s leaders MUST be lifetime learners – open, vulnerable, curious, growth mindset”]
SEASON 5 EPISODE SEVEN– The Leadership Journey Never Ends!
Discussion Guide for this episode:
- Today’s leaders MUST be lifetime learners (open, vulnerable, curious, growth mindset). It’s very exciting to work FOR a lifetime learner.
- Lifetime leaders always think their best leadership day is…tomorrow!
- The leadership journey never ends, but it does change and evolve over time.
- What do you say to the leader who claims not to have time for this continuous learning?
- Leaders want to be scanning the environment to look for new things to learn, try, and integrate. We expect them to be current on trends, new technologies, new ideas, etc.
- Risk-taking and affecting change never end of the modern business leader.
- Throughout this entire series and all five seasons, we’ve talked about having to be a consciously competent leader. You might achieve that, but you can also lose that distinction if you don’t do the work.
- What happens if you are an overzealous leader?
- If you acknowledge that the leadership journey never ends, how do you keep it going?
- Be in a constant state of anticipation.
- Always be in a state of creation.
- Keep facilitation moving forward.
- The constant work of maintaining credibility and trust.
- Are you mentoring? Are you teaching? Are you volunteering?
- How do you encourage the whole of your leadership team to become lifetime learners?
Click here to listen to Leadership on the Ground, Season 5 – Episode 7 NOW!