#LOTG Season #6 Podcast Episode #5 – The Context Tool SetMarch 6, 2019
#LOTG Season #7 Podcast Episode #1 – Introduction to The Timing of LeadershipJune 4, 2019
FINAL EPISODE of Season 6 – Episode SIX of the Intrepid Way podcast series, Leadership on the Ground, with Erica Peitler and co-host Todd Schnick
The Consequences of Context
[Tweet “The #Consequences of #Context are HUGE and they are ALL on the #Leader”]
SEASON 6 EPISODE SIX – The Consequences of Context!
Discussion Guide for this episode:
- The consequences are HUGE. And they are ALL on the leader.
- The consequences are both negative…and POSITIVE!
- When you team is operating in context, they feel confident, in the know, and they feel empowered. And leaders feel the speed of business.
- When operating out of context, you lose resources, and you often move in the wrong direction. And you have miscommunication and malpractice.
- You have to think about context when conducting training, or thinking about development. It’s not just about how and what…you have to also think about why and when.
POSITIVE…Or NEGATIVE Consequences of Context:
- You can accelerate…Or there can be momentum kill.
- Engagement…Or disengagement. (Hint: disengaged employees means leaders have not explained the why, the context).
- Clarity…Or confusion.
- A positive influencer, in service of others…Or a self-serving manipulator.
- One narrative moving everyone forward…Or competing narratives.