Season 2 Episode FIVE of the intrepidNOW podcast series, Leadership on the Ground, with Erica Peitler and co-host Todd Schnick, editor-in-chief at the intrepidNOW Network.
Leadership, In Real Time…
In this episode, how, in leadership, you have to be in service to others. But who can, and who should, you serve as a leader?
SEASON 2 EPISODE FIVE – Who do you serve?
Discussion guide for this episode:
- Review of the concepts of Leadership on the Ground (#LOTG), as well as In Real Time (#IRT), practicing leadership at the speed of business.
- In leadership, you have to be in service to others. But who can, and who should, you serve as a leader?
- Should you be serving the master?
- Serving others builds personal power.
- Me-ology vs. We-ology.
- Being a servant vs. Being in service to others.
- If you lead a team or an organization, should you be “serving yourself?”
- What altitude are you serving at when you “serve the master?” Are their risks?
- Assume you have both served yourself and served the master, how do you change this?
- The benefits to being in service to others (aka in service to the company and its people).
- Calling out unproductive behaviors and seizing entry points is A LOT easier when you have that reputation of being in service to others.
- What to do when “the master” asks you to do something that you know isn’t in the best interest of the organization.
Click here to listen to Leadership on the Ground, Season 2 – Episode 5 NOW!
Episode 2: Leveraging Your Personal Power
Episode 3: Intentions and Impact
Episode 4: Calling Out Unproductive Behaviors
And be sure to follow Erica on Twitter @EricaPeitler for more #LOTG tips, articles and advice!