Season 2 Episode SEVEN of the intrepidNOW podcast series, Leadership on the Ground. with Erica Peitler and co-host Todd Schnick, editor-in-chief at the intrepidNOW Network.
Leadership, In Real Time…
Listen in as we discuss how healthy organizational dynamics require a frequent, real time Hunt for Pink Elephants – learn what these are and how to use them to transform your team!
SEASON 2 EPISODE SEVEN – The Hunt for Pink Elephants!
Discussion guide for this episode:
- Review of the concepts of Leadership on the Ground (#LOTG), as well as In Real Time (#IRT), practicing leadership at the speed of business.
- Why is this episode the crescendo? How we get swamped with unproductive behaviors?
- In other words, how do you take an organization that’s been stuck, and get them to break through and make positive change?
- So, what exactly is a pink elephant, and why have we gone through six episodes to learn how to do this? (Hint: The things you THINK you don’t have the power to change, but you do!)
- In other words, “Am I going to lose my job if I raise this particular issue?”
- You have to recognize/acknowledge the amount of organizational energy consumed WORKING AROUND all these pink elephants.
- The advantage of “hunting” pink elephants, is that once you address it, once you bring it to the forefront, you now are in a position to do something about it. Rather than keeping it hidden because you are AFRAID to address it. Now, you can address and prioritize it, which changes everything!
- Truth, trust and transparency are critical to the success of an organization, and when you are UNABLE to hunt pink elephants, truth, trust, and transparency are NOT possible.
- An organization can fail if the pink elephants are NOT addressed. Season 1, and the first six episodes of Season 2 are designed to empower you to hunt for pink elephants…
Click here to listen to Leadership on the Ground, Season 2 – Episode 7 NOW!
Episode 2: Leveraging Your Personal Power
Episode 3: Intentions and Impact
Episode 4: Calling Out Unproductive Behaviors
Episode 5: Who Do You Serve?
Episode 6: The Accountability Conversation